... of old favourites

Posted by Roger A. Tetrahart at 00:08

07 December 2005

... really need a replacement for my ring. Tml tml...

ANYWAY!! I was telling Brandon and Steve... I mean, Yang Jun... I mean, Steve, I was back into "November Rain" by Guns and Roses.

What is this feeling you get with old songs anyway? Think there are 3 types:
1) Reminisce of the enjoyment of the songs
2) Attached memories with the songs
3) New found meaning in these songs

Well, recently dug up my "'96 New Top Hits" (yes, back when piracy was not restricted... hehehe), and really got back to my days of "One Sweet Day" (M. Carey & BoyzIIMen), "Naked and Sacred" (Chynna Phillips), "When Love and Hate Collide" (Def Leppard), "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" (Whitney Houston). The ultimate was still "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio. COoooOL song!

Wonder if I can find any more old songs buried...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why are old songs so good?

Simple!

Because they are just so many great songs that are old!

And there arent alot of new songs that sound good.

Plus the musical style and direction of new songs are just different from old songs most of the time... so even if they are nice often they are nice in a different style or way, even if the songs come from the same genre.

Roger A. Tetrahart said...

Oh yes, that too. :) Wonder what the Gen Y's consider as "great". Hopefully it's not Britney! ARGH!