... of MoS

Posted by Roger A. Tetrahart at 04:05

23 December 2005

Invitation. Free. Hanging out with long time no see friends like Anxiang and Songming. What more reason do I need to find out about Ministry of Sound?

Only problem was it's a Thursday, and the main floor played HOUSE. Horrible House. Hectic House. Well saved though, by the other rooms available. Comfy, white "PURE" played Chill, caged "SMOOVE" played R&B, and the heavenly retro "54" played retro and disco. Couldn't have the techno room. Is there even one?

Thank goodness we went early, because the queue was short. Of course, the party hasn't started, so we booked a table while the 10 of us ordered drinks. Didn't know half of them though. Haha... They are 1-for-1 till 11pm, so remember that people.

Of course, the party started in the other rooms other than the main floor. So? Let's head for SMOOVE. The DJ I thought was quite cool with his scratch, but it proved to be the only thing he knew. The beat kept running, a little down on atmosphere on some parts. Some dude climbed onto the bass box and did really cool legwork. Standing beside the bass box, I can't help but be mesmerised by it.

Excitement is contagious. ALCOHOL-FILLED M* (AFM) had to attempt to try. AFM did, and perhaps went a little crazy over head-banging and hands movements. How crazy? Enough to have someone poke AFM through the fence. AFM's back was to the fence, and behind the fence tables for drinking. AFM thought it was a fake sensation, and CONTINUED. 2nd poke. AFM looked around again, noticing two girls 2 metres away. Uh-oh, too much liao. Irritating someone liao. Cut down. Third poke. The girls waved, and mouthed "Hi!"

Haha... too bad, gotta leave for 54 liao. Ciaoz. I kept slapping myself on my way to the 2nd level to keep myself from smiling. Hey, not everytime you get picked up by girls loh. The red light really helps I guess...

......

......

*SLAP*

oK anyways!! 54 was a heaven for retro lovers. You get a touch of disco with retro beats. Though I had only spent 5 minutes there, the remix of "Billie Jean" was fantastic. Not for the Zouk para-para, but much more freedom in dance as compared to R&B. Which brings me to say, if you don't have an open mind for retro, stay away from me. Let me know if you don't like retro, so I will avoid it. Don't just keep quiet. I cannot read minds one! (right, the ah-beng accent can't really get through here...)

5 minutes of retro. Only 5 minutes of retro is all I can get out of the 5 hours I had. 1 out of 10 people likes retro, and statistics may prove worse than that.

Back to the table. More house. Ack.

5 minutes. :'(

0 comments: