... of moments

Posted by Roger A. Tetrahart at 03:04

19 September 2005

BBQ on Saturday was fun and rewarding. It made me realise once more something I've experienced time and again, but never put into words.

It isn't about how much work we put in.
It isn't about how much we actually got to eat at the BBQ.

The moment calmness flows over you, you feel as though you are a camera panning on the whole scene. People talking in joy, engaging in conversations without a care of their tribulations outside the house. Satisfaction of a good meal. Smiles of a wonderful night. All fatigue fades. Not a drop of sweat meaningless.

Can you not help but let a sigh of relief that everything has gone well?
Can you not help but feel happy that your friends are happy?

What moments do we live for? That we should feel a sense of happiness, and that it'll remain to make our lives of something? I have found one such moment.

I don't need to sing at karaokes! Watching you people sing makes me happy!
I don't like soccer, but that doesn't mean spending time watching with the company of you guys is bad!

Just don't blame me for being too engrossed to take photos of these moments. :p

0 comments: