my dear candlelight

Posted by Roger A. Tetrahart at 23:20

25 September 2005

Heavy numbness fills my trembling hand
As I write my will, towards the final end.
'Tis fire fades slow in the dark.
My voice shall not echo, nor leave a mark.

My light is weary in your trembling light,
Oh, my faithful red wax candlelight!
For when I go please, oh please live for me,
Not soon St Peter's glamour you shall see,
But through love and pain we have as gifts
From our maker, we may never see.
Hard as it could, you shall soon forget me,
For I'm no more than a parasite to thee.
Parasite, I say, truthful and painful,
This life I've led wasteful as a fool.
I have given not warmth to you these days;
Just taken warmth as you melted away.
I have given not light to you at all;
Just taken light I had seen fit for.

Now, as I put out your burning misery,
For when I go please, oh please live for me.
Finally numbness escapes this writing hand,
Darkness shrouds. Thin smoke shines. The End.

- Henry Rogers

1 comments:

Roger A. Tetrahart said...

Oh no, this is not just a poem on death...

NARCISSIST! IT'S FREAKING EGOISTIC!! WHAT?! YOU THINK YOU CAN LEAVE JUST LIKE THAT?! YOU'RE AIN'T NO FREAKING HERO IN SOME WAR! CAN'T YOU STRUGGLE A BIT MORE?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE CANDLE GOES THROUGH!! DO YOU, HUH?! LEAVING SO IRRESPONSIBLY, WITHOUT A CARE TO HOW THE CANDLE FEELS!!

.... er-herm.

My bad. Just another moment of "self-hating and never-learning punch".

Next time, punch me. It seems to be the only way to wake me up. Don't explain. Don't think. Just punch.