... of simplicity

Posted by Roger A. Tetrahart at 23:37

10 October 2005

Nobody believes in simplicity anymore. Never thought my motto could be challenged thrice in a week.

LIFE:
As we grow older, we take up more responsibilities, have less freedom, need to work, take care of our elders... marriage does even worse! But why we stress ourselves over these things that have yet to come? It's as though we're not going to like our future.

Dun get me wrong. I think it's fantastic that you have a direction in life, and the drive to get what you want. Understand that it poses a lack of understanding on my part. Future is uncertain, is it not? If I have to sweep the streets someday, then there must be a reason my fate/destiny is so (eg. retribution for writing too many satires :p). Fate shall present my options, while I travel wherever decisions take me. Simple.

LOVE:
It seems that there is no one who believes in simple and clean, fairytale-like romance stories. I believe that everyone can have one. It doesn't matter if you're not romantic enough, or in my case, not naive enough; you just need to try. Courtship, b4/after marriage, the later years... the fairytale moment will forever be embedded.

"You need at least one bad experience to grow, and to learn to approach love in a more practical way." - Rae. Logically, I understand. Ideally, why can't I have "one and only"? What is it about reality that makes this concept less real? Is that not the basis of idolism too? We CAN live a fantasy.

HUMAN RELATIONSHIP:
"It's complicated." - Friendster. Yeah, sure. Whatever.

Look, it's either you love, or you don't.
You hate, or you don't.
You want, or you don't.
You do it, or you don't.

Also, we should stop having doubts about others, about ourselves. People didn't talk to you because they didn't, not because you're boring. People are not caring enough because they aren't, not because they're selfish. Seriously, when your bf/gf is not loving enough when they don't read your mind, is because they can't! Relationship strains often comes because we have fantastic imagination. And things happen because they do. Not everything needs a reason.


Oh, end liao. And I'm not trying to persuade anyone to be simple. Just that I'm waiting for a lecture to start, so got extra time to think. Bwahaha...

ADVERTISEMENT: LISTEN TO HIKKI'S "SIMPLE AND CLEAN"!! GET THE MP3 FROM ME!!! BEST SONG EVER!!!!

0 comments: