... of chee quays and grass jelly

Posted by Roger A. Tetrahart at 12:00

06 October 2005

Dental today. 2 extra rings (bringing it to a total of four) on your back bottom teeth ain't no kidding matter...

Anyway, same as always, after dental I would take a bus down to Tiong Bahru Market for a meal of Chee Quay. But the mood of the market today is different. Or so it seemed to me.

The morning fresh air depicting a scene of serenity.
A drink of grass jelly and the fragrance of chee quay.
The enchanting melody coming from my iPod.

Yes, I'm having one of those "moments" again. I'm blessed with the gift to appreciate the seemingly unimportant things in life, These very details seem to able to make me happy, grateful, relieved...

Should I go into "hibernation" mode, maybe I'm not really hibernating. Maybe I'm enjoying the small estacies of life. Maybe I'm wishing all my friends could experience what I'm experiencing.

How nice. The sun rises beyond the clouds and fill the market with warm orange light just this very moment. And I'm not describing a scene where I've just attained enlightenment. Haha..

0 comments: